Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Is anyone home?

Mkay . . . so it's been QUITE a while since I posted. I won't give any lame excuses (I could, but I wont) for not finding five minutes or so to log in and blog. Shame on me!

Anyhow, I'm writing now. I've acquired two new distractions in the form of Toy Fox Terriers. I am now the proud owner of eight-month-old Westgate Littlebitabling (call name Jewel) and three-year-old Westgate Smokin Jett (call name Mikey). They are from champion lines, are AKC and UKC registered, and Mikey is an AKC champion! I am extremely blessed to own them! Their breeder, Darielle Price, allowed me to have them with unlimited registration (which means that I can register any puppies they may sire/dam). This is an honor since she normally sells her dogs with limited registration. I plan to breed Mikey an Jewel when Jewel is old enough (must wait for her second heat).

Here are some pictures of my beautiful TFTs:
Jewel




Mikey





Aren't they beautiful? *sigh*

So other than being a distraction, what have TFTs got to do with writing? Well, for one thing, they are inspiring! I've been reading and learning all I can about the breed and plan to use my knowledge in my writing. I'm thinking of having the main character in my novel have a TFT for a pet. I am also planning on writing an article about this breed of dog in the future . . . as soon as I figure out a new angle.

And now, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my friend Janelle Bitikofer for inviting me to read her blog. After reading hers, I was inspired to return to posting on mine. I will try not to allow my numerous distractions to keep me from posting.

No comments: