Sunday, October 19, 2008

More sewing, less writing

Spent the weekend sewing dresses for my girls and have now moved on to sewing the Halloween costume for myself. I also start back to work tomorrow so I won't have much time for writing or sewing. Unfortunately, sewing will come first since the costume is needed by the 25th for my Halloween party.

So not much writing will happen this week with the party planning and costume sewing. I'm hoping to get character sketches for my new novel done before Nano starts, but at the rate things are going, I may not be able to. I've got the sketches in my mind, but would like to have them on paper . . . it seems things always change in the process of getting them from mind to paper. What's up with that?

Anyway, I saw some beautiful fall colors on the way home from church today, but didn't have my camera with me. I've got to get the camera in the car so I'll have it when I need it!

Write on.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

The costume and dress sewing sounds Great, Joan! And the lucky thing with plotting is that it can be done in your head while your hands are busy elsewhere! (Well, to some extent it can.) :)
I've got your last year's manuscript in hand, and I'm sure your this year's nano will be great!

justJoan said...

Yes, I'm excited for Nano this year! I hope I'm not setting my expectations too high, but I really think this project will fly onto the page and I'll be finished writing it before November is half over! I'm planning on writing 5,000 words a day and finishing the novel in 10 days so I can spend the rest of the month revising. Then by December I'll be ready to get submission materials together and start shopping it around.

Did I mention I may have set my expectations a bit high? *grin*