Monday, January 12, 2009

Inspire me

I've taught my children to share, but when it comes to their germs, I'd rather they didn't share . . . but they did and I'm sick today. I'm fighting back the nausea and trying to get some work done, but feeling guilty because I'm having trouble focusing.

I visited Lisa Schroeder's blog and read her inspirational post this morning and my guilt is gone. Lisa posted about doing your best.  This got me thinking. My "best" is always changing from day to day. One day I may be phenomenal in all I can get done, and I tend to think of this as my "best". And this is why I constantly feel like I'm not doing my best.

So, I've decided from here on out, I will no longer compare my best from one day to the next. Each day I will do the best I can and feel good in what I DID accomplish instead of wishing I had done more.

And today, I feel sick, but I will still do the best I can . . . which may involve a nap before I can get any work done. ;-)

Write on.

1 comment:

Bish Denham said...

You are so right Joan! We can only do our best one day at a time. Be of good cheer and I hope you feel better soon.