Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Novel Novel Review

It's that time again. Here's a quick reminder of my rating system

A+--I thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend this book. In most cases, I passed it on to my teen.

A--I enjoyed this book and I might pass it on to my teen.

B--I liked this book, but probably won't pass it on to my teen.

C--I thought it was okay, but I won't pass it on to my teen.

D--I didn't like this book, and won't allow my teen to read it.

F--I hope I never have to go here. =D

I will give reasons for my rating in my review, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you find your book here, don't panic if I rate it below an A. These are my personal preferences and I'm only one small person in a large market. =D

Okay, now here we go.

Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon

Rating: A

Category: Fantasy

Age Recommendation: 14+

Ai Ling's father was summoned to the Emperor's palace and has yet to return. Determined to find him, she leaves home. Unfortunately, she's not alone.

Mythical demons hunt her wherever she goes.

Chen Yong wants to know who he is. As he journeys to the Emperor's palace in hopes of finding answers to his past, he meets Ai Ling, but he only finds more questions.

Ai Ling has been marked by the Immortals to destroy a soul stealing evil, and Chen Yong's fate is intertwined with hers. Their astounding journey leads them places no mortal has ever been.

Pon takes the reader on a fantastical jaunt through ancient China. Filled with twists, turns, and tummy tempting descriptions of food, SILVER PHOENIX is a thrilling journey of discovery.

 

Write on!

No comments: