Monday, September 29, 2008

Mapmaker, Mapmaker make me a map . . .

I did not get any writing done yesterday. Oh, come on! Like you're surprised? *roll eyes*

I did work on an aspect of Books of Bestowal (just noticed it's BoB . . . *laughing*), though. I decided my sketch of Knowl (soon to be called Knowan) was terribly outdated and could stand some revising. I began a new map yesterday evening. I got quite a bit completed and hope to continue working on it later this evening. Maybe I'll be brave enough to post the finished product . . . but I'm no cartographer. *wink*

See, I am working on my novel! *grin*

In other news, I had a pretty good day at work. I spoke to my boss about the feeling of impending doom (NaNo) and arranged to take the entire month of November off of work. She said it is up to me whether I want to come back after November or not. I've been feeling a strong desire to quit for a long time now and when she said we were looking at another four months of work, my heart sank. I don't think I can do it. *whine* She suggested maybe not coming back every day after November but cutting down to a few days a week. This may work, we'll see.

I have a feeling being home the entire month of November will spoil me and I won't want to go back . . . but then again, the extra money is always a help so a few days a week may be the best option. I won't know how I feel until the end of November.

Anyway, I can have my November to devote to NaNo without any worries about work. I'm setting a goal for myself to write 5,000 words a day in November. It's a steep goal, and we'll see how it works, but if I can pull it off, I'll finish my 50,000 word goal in ten days. Yep, that's the big one, zero folks. And I'd have the rest of the month to revise and compose submission materials. Then I'll have two novels ready to throw into the submission process! Hooray!

Yeah, maybe I'm crazy, but I do actually believe I can reach this goal. But this is today . . . we'll see how I feel come November. *grin*

Write on.

No comments: