Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Nano Time

Yeah, it's kind of like Hammer Time, but without all the cool dance moves 'cause I'm too lazy to get up. ;-)

If you read yesterday's post, you know I spent most of my day fleshing out the idea for the Nano novel and amassing huge piles of printed pages for research purposes. I didn't get any writing on the novel done, but I did write out (by hand so I could refer to it more easily) a synopsis of the story.

And today? Ah, this is the day I begin writing. I'm not going to worry about finding that perfect beginning. Instead, I'm going to dive in and start typing whatever comes to mind (as the character, of course . . . otherwise it'd be a list of things I should be doing instead of Nano).

Scary? Yes. Exciting? Yes. So why am I blogging right now instead of writing? I'm warming up, of course. ;-)

May your word count be tremendous (even if you aren't doing Nano), and may those words be worth keeping during revisions.

Write on.

No comments: