Saturday, November 08, 2008

Eight days later . . .

Here I am eight days into Nano and already I've written more words this year than I did last year . . . or the year before for that matter. I'm completely amazed and thrilled that things are going so well for me (now I probably jinxed myself) this time around.

I've managed to write on six out of the eight days of Nano and my word count today ended at 24,374! While I haven't met my personal goal of 5,000 words a day, I'm only 15,626 words behind where I would be had I reached this goal. But, had I written 5,000 words on the six out of eight days I DID write I would be at 30,000 words so I'm really only 5,626 words behind. *grin*

Still, I'm pleased with my progress. If I can reach my 5,000 words a day goal from here on, I'll reach 50,000 in about five more days! Then I can start revising (assuming my novel is complete at 50,000 words).

The good thing is, I believe 95% of the words I'm writing are quite good and I may end up not needing a whole lot of revising, unlike the MASSIVE revisions I've had to do on my first novel. I've learned so much in the last five years of writing.

And now I'm off to bed. I'm not feeling well (thus my pathetic word count for the day).

 

Write on.

1 comment:

Bish Denham said...

I'm so proud of you Joan!