Monday, November 17, 2008

Tingly fingers . . . a Nano update

So, I've been busy writing my Nano novel and have sadly neglected to update my blog. I won't write much today as my fingers are tingly.

Why are they tingly?

Well, I've accomplished an amazing task. I hit the 40,000-word mark in my Nano novel today! While this is an accomplishment in and of itself, it does not entirely explain my tingling fingers.

I am nearing the ending of my novel where a lot of exciting things happen. I began writing at 9:40 (ish) a.m. (after reading and posting on friend's blogs) and finished writing at 12:45 p.m. This is a span of about three hours. Three hours of writing time is great but the best part is:

My word count before I began was 36,017 words. My ending for today (unless I write more) is 40,444 words. So if I've done the math correctly (and I used a calculator so I'm 99.9% sure I did), I managed to write  4,427 words in about three hours!

Yeah, this is the reason for my tingly fingers. I think I may be done for the day, but we'll see. If my hands feel better later, I may do some more typing on my novel.

 

Write on.

No comments: