Monday, November 10, 2008

A new week a new word count

A new week has begun. I didn't get much writing done on my NaNoWriMo project over the weekend, and thanks to my newest ailment (Husbanus Interuptus) I didn't get much done today either.

Still, my new word count is 26,883 so I'm on track to reach 50,000 words before November ends . . . and maybe within the next week or so. *grin*

I hope to get back to writing later this evening, but with children, housework, dinner, and homework time, I'm not sure I'll be able to. Tomorrow, being Veteran's Day, the children will be home from school so my chances of getting some good writing done on the morrow are slim to none . . . though they could surprise me and let me write. Yeah, it could happen. *wink*

In other news, it rained pretty good last night and we even got a tiny bit of snow! It has been cloudy and cold today, but no precipitation has reached the ground. We'll see what tonight brings. The kids want snow, of course, and while I wouldn't mind a bit of the white stuff myself, I'm not ready for the extremely cold temperatures required to produce it.

And now to steer my readers to a fellow blogger. robinellen of Live Journal has some great posts about the agent search. You should check them out! Thought on the world of publishing, Robin's tips on the agent-hunt. Thanks to Robin for sharing these with her fellow writers.

Write on.

2 comments:

Bish Denham said...

This is very helpful Joan, thanks!

justJoan said...

You're welcome. Robin is great!