Friday, May 14, 2010

How Do I Write Thee?

Let me count the words.

Okay, so I’ve decided to do a rewrite of Wolfsbane at Midnight. Yes, I’m insane. Okay, not really. Trust me when I say this is a good thing!

I’ve had some feedback that has given me ideas for improving the MS. I’m super excited about all the changes . . . but there are many changes and this will mean a rewrite of the novel. I’m sure there will be some moments I can tweak and still use, and the premise is the same. For the most part, I’m shaking up the beginning, not killing some people off so soon, killing others off sooner, and generally messing my MC’s life up as much as possible.

Hey, it’s for her own good!

Oh, and since I’m rewriting anyway, I decided to change the POV from third to first person.

I kind of like the “old fashioned” feel of the third person, which works well for the whole fairy tale thing, but I just started the rewrite today so I need to give the first person POV a chance to work. I think it can, I just have to figure it out.

Anyway, I’ve decided to keep myself accountable by using a word count widget. I found this one on Writertopia.com. It looks like it will be fun because you can change the mood of the little dude at the computer. I’ll let him watch TV right now.

And then I'll let him sleep

Good times! Anyway, my word count today is lame, but at least it’s a start! =)

I’ll be writing as much as I can this weekend though I’m sure I’ll have to occasionally stop and feed the family and all that. I’m hoping to at least reach 1000 words tomorrow! Yeah, that seems like a reachable goal. I’m sure I can find a few minutes to write the 68 words I’ll need. ;-)

Hey, it’s all about realistic goals, people. =p

Hope you all have a great weekend! What are your plans?

Write on!

No comments: