Monday, May 03, 2010

Monday Mumblings

I’ve been fighting a flu bug or something, so I hope you’ll forgive my lack of posting and responding on your blog posts. I didn’t want to spread my germs. ;-) I’m no longer praying to the porcelain god, but now I’m coming down with a sore throat and cough. I’m not sure if these are new symptoms or left over from whatever bizarre bug I had in the first place. Still, I have much more energy than I did. Though the cough and sore throat are annoying, they’re better than the flu-like symptoms I’ve been dealing with for over a week.

Anyway, I have two kids home sick today with the same garbage I had. Unfortunately, my six year old is one of them. He has a problem making it to the trash can or toilet so I’ve been having to clean up after him. *sigh* The joys of motherhood. =)

In other (less nauseating) news, I only have two more weeks of school left for the semester. I’ll be glad when it’s over, but I’ll miss the fun of the ceramics class. Tomorrow will be my last ceramics class (not sure why he’s ending a week early). I’ll get around to posting pictures of my latest pieces eventually. I’m thrilled with some of them and not so thrilled with others. I plan to take the ceramics class again in the fall. I’ll only take one other class in the fall. Full time was too much for me this semester. I think half time or three quarter time will be plenty of work for me. Especially if I take the math or history class I need.

During my illness, I managed to get a little bit of writing done on my new-ish YA novel (but not much). Mostly I spent my time reading. I managed to read quite a few novels, but I still have several more on my books-to-review-for-TeensReadToo.com-list. I didn’t get the reviews written; that will have to wait until after the semester ends because I have some papers I have to finish.

By the way, Ingrid Sundberg has an awesome post about how to wow an editor on her blog. It’s full of some great information so be sure to check it out!

Well, those are my Monday mumblings. I’m off to eat some lunch and see if I can get some writing done before I have to go get the other two kids from school.

Write on.

1 comment:

Blee Bonn said...

I hope you all feel better soon! Sounds like the stomach flue, ugh, it's the worst.